Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm such a proud Mama!

In the past week, Bennet has started to show an aptitude for classic literature and knitting!! There couldn't be a prouder Mama!!

He sat on my lap the other day while I was knitting him a scarf (shhh, he doesn't know it's for him), so I put the knitting needles in his hand and laid mine on top. And we knit hand over hand for about 15 minutes, with little B staring intently the whole time. He enjoyed it so much, I found some yarn and needles from my stash for him and he's been walking around clicking the needles together and sticking them in the yarn!

For the last 3 evenings, I have been reading a chapter of Journey to the Center of the Earth before I tuck Bennet in for the night. I bought the real version of the book, not the watered down children's junk they sell. So I wasn't sure if he would be interested (I had to sound out a few of the geological terms), but he listened the whole time. Now here comes the cute part!! I found him in bed each of the last three nights, fast asleep, curled in a little ball, with the books in his arms!!! So, I guess he is enjoying it after all!!

What a smart and creative little person my baby is growing into!

No comments: