Monday, April 27, 2009

35 weeks down, 35 DAYS to go!

Hard to believe, but Squiddy will be considered full-term in just 2 short weeks! He's definitely running out of room in there. I get very few big kicks and rolls these days and more pushes and stretches. He's also been getting the hiccups aabout 2-3 times every day! I've got another appointment tomorrow, possibly the last one here in Iwakuni. I should be getting tested for group B strep. Other than that, the appointment should be the standard weight, blood pressure, fundal height, and heartbeat routine. Maybe she'll throw in an internal, just for kicks and giggles.

According to the all-knowing internet, Squids is just about 19 inches and 6 lbs now. It certainly feels like he ways more than a measly 6 pounds though! I'm really quite sure that if he grows another ounce, my belly is going to burst. I had to buy another round of maternity clothes. Partly because of the change in season, but mainly because nothing was covering the bottom portion of my belly anymore. I have grown partial to a particular dress someone passed along to me. Tim calls it a muu muu and bursts into laughter everytime I waddle out of our bedroom in it, but I could care less! It fits, it's comfy, and I stopped caring about how hot I looked when I stopped being able to reach my ankles to shave them.

We've all but finished our spring cleaning -- just little things left here and there. I've started cooking and freezing meals. So far, I've got about 3 done and I plan to do a few more. I know I'm going to be lazy when we get back, and I'm sure I'll be very glad I did extra cooking NOW, so I can relax and enjoy my babymoon with my boys! I've started pulling things together to go into my hospital bag. And Tim has graciously offered his services to make me a birth music playlist for the Ipod. He's also been honing his massage techniques to help me cope through labor. We're still finishing up all the paperwork necessary to get our lil man his record of birth overseas, social security number, and passport. It all seems to being coming together nicely!

We're having professional maternity photos done on saturday at a beach nearby. I'm very excited about it and hopeful that she'll be able to crop out my poor swollen feet! I'll post pictures from our photoshoot as soon as we get them!

Bennet's been his usual wild self lately. Although, in the past month or so, he's become obsessed with the movie Happy Feet. You know, the one with the tap dancing penguin? I told Tim that he may be more into dance than athletics and perhaps we should enroll him in the ballet classes offered on base. And just as Tim was rolling his eyes and saying that Bennet was only running in circles and jumping, little B did a perfect imitation of the tap dance steps up on the screen! It was so cute, and Tim could only sigh and tell me to go ahead with the caveat that when we get back to the states, we enroll him in a more manly style of dance!!

Tim's been working like a madman lately. His department is severely understaffed and since the Navy is broke, it doesn't look like it's going to be getting any better anytime soon. He's counting down the days until his baby vacation. He informed me this morning that he's down to 9!

Well, I better go. I've got a list of things to get done, and only an hour left until t-ball practice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you finished spring cleaning and now cooking. Tim hiccuped just to annoy me, every evening until the day he was born.
dance is very good and have you ever saw a flabby male dancer??? I have seen flabby sports players.

Bellamama said...

OMG LOL @ Bennett's tap dancing and timing. He'd be an adorable dancer.