Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby dropped!

Already! Can you believe it? I was shocked. This morning when I woke up, I had lots of pressure and pain very low in my abdomen. Hoping it would go away, I went about my normal routine. But it only got worse. So I headed in to see the doctor just to be sure everything was ok. And it seems he's flipped into the head down position! Yesterday, he was kicking my ribs, and now he's so low, my whole belly has changed shape.

***TMI WARNING***

Just to be safe, she checked my cervix, which is still long and closed. So no preterm labor worries, thankfully!

***TMI WARNING ENDED***

His heart rate was 144 bpm and I'm measuring 29 weeks. My glucose test came back perfect and I'm just barely borderline anemic (12.0-16.0 is normal and mine was 11.6). I also got my rhogam shot today. So all in all, a good, clean bill of health.

I go back in 2 weeks now instead of monthly. And I finally got a date for me to head up to Tokyo to be near the hospital. I'll be leaving on monday, May 11th when I hit 37 weeks. Just one day after mother's day!! I am thrilled about this especially since last year, Tim was gone for training on my first mother's day. I am very happy that we'll get to spend the day as a family this year.

No comments: