Saturday, August 30, 2008

In the land of the rising sun!

So, we're finally in Japan! We're settling into our new home (with loaner furniture that looks like it belongs in a doctor's office waiting room), and we just bought a car. We're enjoying all the new sights, sounds, tastes, and smells of Japan too! We had an interesting dish the other day that consisted of rice, beef, onions, and a raw egg on top (the egg cooks from the heat of the food -- no salmonella worries).

We're taking a train tomorrow to Miyajima, a small island halfway between here and Hiroshima. We're really looking forward to our first trek into the Japanese countryside!

Sadly I have no photos to post right now. I JUST found the cord to upload photographs, so they are currently being put on dropshots right now. This weekend, I will update the blog with photos and the story of our trip here. I'll also try to update you all on our side trip to Miyajima.

I know this isn't a very exciting update, but as anyone who has moved 7,000 miles can tell you, it's a tiring adventure! I will do my best to update often for you all. K

No comments: